Tuesday, February 1

Too Much Information!!!!!

Gone are the days of huddling by the radio waiting for 458 to be called. Will it be two hours late? Will we be off the entire day? It was all so exciting!

Now there is no waiting or anticipating..... I am overloaded with weather, school and activity information. I guess it is my own fault. In this day and age the infomation is so easily accessible I can't get enough. I have the Chi District alert system setup to call my home with school updates. But what if I am not home? Well I have KYW alerts texting and calling my cell phone. And what about work? They call or text the cell. And what about activities? Emails, texts, calls and website updates. For even more info I log on to FB to find out how the roads are and how everyone else is dealing with the weather.

Talk about too much information!!!! In the middle of one of our latest weather emergencies I spent an hour counting how many messages/calls I made and got. By the end of the hour I had lost count and was more stressed and frazzled than before I had any info. So at this point I think I am officially too informed! Well about the weather anyway. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment